I’ve been updating my summer wardrobe by adding a few staple pieces and then some. My clothes pretty much consist of black, white, denim and stripes but I decided to try something a little different this time around. I went to the Gap and picked up a few things including this chambray dress, don’t worry a haul video will be up! What I like most about it is the simple shape, small detailing around the boat neck and the $20 price tag. Dresses are a bit girly for me but the pockets and Sperry shoes brought it back to the “tom-boy” ish stage for me. I try to stick to minimal dainty accessories during the Summer time which means a few rings and something light on the wrist. Happy Monday guys, or something like that…
My brows are naturally bushy (remember the wolf gene that I told you about) with the occasional sparse area. They’ve been every shape and size you can imagine because I had no skills back in the day plus the constant teasing, oh the teasing! Now that I’m an adult and comfortable with them I wouldn’t change one thing about my brows. I went through a powder phase until I discovered a proper pencil that did the job in like 2 seconds, I was immediately hooked! So I figured I’d share a few of my favorites with you all and I even have a dupe for one of them. . .
- Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette – Let me start off by saying how long this pencil has lasted me, I’ve had it for a year now and have yet to reach half the pencil! It’s slanted tip makes it a breeze to apply especially for those who have very fair or fine brows. This is my go-to when I’m in a rush and can’t be bothered to draw tiny little hairs. The formula of the pencil is waxy so it will help with unruly brows but still looks very natural.
- Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer in No. 03 Ash Brown – Like the Hourglass pencil they’re both very similar in shape. This formula is more of a cream to powder, a little bit harder to work with but I still find it very natural and long-lasting. I’d say if you have oily skin and issues with brow products slipping this is a great option. This pencil has cool undertones which makes it perfect for dark haired girls.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette – This cult classic pencil is worth the hype, it has a small pointed tip making it perfect for drawing individual brow hairs. I’ve re-purchased this about 3 times already because it’s so easy to use.
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso – I know the Soap & Glory pencil is another dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz but for those who don’t live in the UK like moi, the NYX pencil is just as good! I bought this on a whim and couldn’t be happier with the finish. It has the same amount of product as the Anastasia pencil and works just like it. I really couldn’t tell the difference between the two other than the color of the NYX pencil is slightly warmer but not by much. Dupe worthy!
So where do I even begin? I’ve been MIA for a little over a week now and I thought the best way to ease back into blogging was to give you guys an update on my busy boring life. This week was just too hectic to sit down and work which I will be honest has been stressing me out! It feels so good to just sit in front of my computer screen and type away again.
This was my daughters last week of dance class and her Summer recital was a success, I adored her in her little tap shoes waving away as she danced to “Old-time Rock n Roll” with her friends! This meant rehearsal throughout which I had to leave work early to be at and days of hair styling. She also had her first pool party with all of her dance-mates the day before which she’s still talking about! Needless to say her schedule kept me running around like a crazy person but it all worked out in the end. My sister came home from the military for the week and it was great to have her here, she’s stationed out in Cali so we only see her twice a year.
I mentioned to you guys during my travel week series that we will be going on our first family vacation in January so I have 6 months of planning and prepping for it. We decided to do a Disney cruise to the Caribbean for 5 days, I’m planning on doing a little scavenger hunt and telling them the day we are to travel! I went and applied for their passports earlier this week which was a pain in the ass but it’s done and over with, I’ll have them in plenty of time before we set sail. Now I know you probably think I’m crazy but I’ve purchased all of their outfits, bathing suits and backpacks. I’m a huge control freak and I like to have everything done ahead of time. I figured if I get it all now its taken care of and I don’t have to worry about it during December when I’m Christmas shopping. Zara is having a huge sale right now, I went nuts and place multiple orders for the kids (and I) already! I also took advantage of Disney’s Sale and bought my daughter an Elsa Costume with all the matching accessories, I heard it can be really pricey on the ship. I’m still waiting on a few personalized things I ordered for them which will arrive within the next couple of weeks, it’s literally killing me not to say but so worth the wait. I’ll definitely be recording the unveiling!
I turned 27 this week which turned out to be a pretty chilled day. All I wanted was a huge bowl of pho and my lychee shake but my daughter didn’t understand why her mother wanted soup for her birthday, her reaction was pretty funny. Thank you for all the amazing birthday wishes you all sent over, it totally made my day and I’m just so grateful to have such awesome viewers! I was able to see the new Jurassic World movie as well as Inside out, both great films. Side note, were any of you disappointed with oitnb? I’m in love with Ruby Rose and they put her in max and I have no idea where the story is going now, I found myself loosing interest after each episode so I don’t know if I’ll continue to watch it?
So playdates, vacation, shopping, dance and errands are all taken care of. Now I can get back into my blogging groove! Hopefully I didn’t bore you with my crazy mommy life but I felt it was only fair to keep you guys updated and why I took off a whole week from TJ. Shit (a whole week), back to work…
I recently posted about my perfume rotation but I felt like Tom Ford Fleur De Portofino deserved a little mention of its own! I’m not one to like a real floral scent but this is absolutley beautiful, even its gorgeous blue packaging. Initially it made me think of a soft Tuberose but then after it starts to dissipate you get a warm citrus kick. It’s very unique in the fact that once it settles you really start smelling those base notes. I’m obsessed with this scent and it’s been living in my petra bag since I received it. Below I’ve listed the notes of Fleur De Portofino for reference. . .
- Top Notes: lemon, mandarin, bergamot, tangerine, bitter orange leaf, violet leaf, syringa
- Middle notes: white acacia, cassie tree, mimosa, magnolia, orange flower templar, Moroccan rose absolute, jasmine grandiflorum concrete
- Base notes: acacia honey, white vanilla, tolu balsam, civet, ambrette seed
Still on the hunt for the perfect travel tote but I didn’t let that stop me from filming this video! I tried to make it as short as I could but I went over all types of things and even my in-flight routine. Hope this video was helpful for some of you all who are traveling soon, I have 6 months until I leave the country so I’m sure I’ll reference back to this post!
- Take pictures of outfits that you pack to help mix and match them. This will help when you’re in a pinch and can’t remember how it fit or looked.
- Check the weather before you leave so that you pack accordingly, you might need a sweater on a chilly night!
- Download a packing app like Pack Point to create a personalized packing list by choosing the activities and type of trip you’ll be going to.
- Use dust bags for your shoes so they don’t get your clothing dirty. If you don’t have dust bags you can always use shower caps.
- Buy one of those pop-up foldable hampers from your local dollar store, you’ll thank me later!
- Remember to wear comfy loose clothes on a flight! I usually bring an oversized scarf, sweater and fuzzy socks.
- Keep all of your documents, passport, etc in a ziplock bag. It’s so much more manageable vs. digging through 5 different pockets for everything.
- Invest in a luggage tag, not only are they cute but it makes spotting your suitcase on the conveyer belt a breeze. Oh and of course what they’re truly intended for would be a good reason as well. . .
- Make sure you’re chewing gum before the plane takes off, it helps with the ear popping!
- Drink plenty of water, bring some type of facial hydrating mask and keep re-applying it throughout the flight. We’ll talk more about this later on this week!
This week I will be covering all things travel, today we’re kicking things off with packing your beauty essentials. This girl right here likes to have options but I think I narrowed it down to everything I could possibly need into this awesome Muji Vanity Case. The bag itself is a decent size (I chose the medium one) and very sturdy. I love that it has slots for your brushes and pockets for items like compacts, tools, etc. I went ahead and purchased a plastic divider to organize my items even further. I hope this is helpful to all that have asked for this type of video (I did my best to keep it short) and I can’t wait to see your “ticked” check-lists. Don’t forget to use the #TamiraJarrelJetSetGo hashtag when you post your pictures!
Tamira Jarrel’s Ultimate Beauty Check-list / Printable PDF
I’m saying goodbye to May with the good ole favorites video! I’m pretty excited for June because it’s my birthday month although I have nothing special planned for my 27th, my daughter has her dance recital rehearsals going on so we’ll be jammin to “Old Time Rock N’ Roll”. Hope you guys are excited for #TamiraJarrelJetSetGo Travel series all next week, I’ve been going at it with lists and orders to make sure I don’t miss any details for you all! I’ve also set a countdown timer on my phone as to when my little family and I head out for our vacation. As we get closer to the date I’ll spill all the details but I’m keeping it a secret from my kiddos until the day we leave. Enjoy!