I recently uncluttered and cleaned out house to then rediscover a few goodies that have been in the depths of my stash. I use to be really bad and just buy everything and any collection that would release because I felt like I never had enough. Then I realized it’s not about how much you have but really investing in quality products. So every now and again I’ll give a way things I haven’t really used or I’ll sell some things. A bit of a spiel but just sharing a few things I’ve learned along the way. You don’t need to blog about every single collection that releases unless that’s something you want to target your blog as. I guess what I’m trying to say is so many new shiny things release and then you forget about the old shiny thing. Here are a few things I’ve fallen back in love with . . .
1. Laura Mercier TM – This is the oil-free version and has been great for these dry winter days. It adds glow back into skin without making me look like a grease ball and I can just slap it on with my fingers.
2. Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen in 03 – I use this on days where my under eyes are really blue. It has peachy undertones which is great for canceling out dark circles. The consistency is super creamy and it blends seamlessly into the skin.
3. Chanel Glossimer in 357 – This was a release with a collection and it’s the perfect everyday shade. It lays between a your lips but better color and a peach. It has no shimmer and I find that Chanel Glossimers are one of the best gloss formulas out there. They aren’t sticky and feel somewhat moisturizing when on.
4. M.A.C Creme Sheen Gloss in Richer Lusher – This is probably my favorite gloss ever made and I always come back to it. It’s the perfect peachy shade for my skin tone and another great formula as well. M.A.C glosses are usually sticky and gloopy but this one isn’t at all.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Doll Face – I’ve really been into pink cheeks since the weather sucks and my skin needs a flush of color. It’s cool baby pink that helps perk up my complexion.
6. MUFE Eyebrow Pencil in 04 – This was my first eyebrow pencil ever and it’s a pretty decent one too! I’m determined to use it up this year just because it’s already half way through, what does that tell you? The pencil itself isn’t tacky or too soft, it’s definitely on the harder side. It lasts all day and looks very natural.
7. Chanel Joues Contraste in Frivole – I thought this was my Fleur De Lotus blush when I pulled it out of the drawer but it was Frivole. I really didn’t have time to search for the blush I wanted so I used it and went to work, how did I forget about this gem? It’s a true peach with no shimmer in it.
Don’t be surprised if you see some of these in my January favs!