I know I said I’d do a top products of the year but I saw this random tag on Instagram about picking your “top 13 of 2013” and thought I’d make it something I can do at the end of each year. You’ll probably recognize these from past favorites and it was really hard to narrow it down but I was able to make it happen people! So lets start shall we?
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders – These have to be the coolest powders ever created and perhaps my favorite out of my stash. I own Dim light and the LE palette. Dim light is perfect for an all over setting powder. It’s seriously like having healthy glowing skin in powder form. I’ve done a review here and here.
2. Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay – Such a fruity and soft scent. I can wear this all year round and I layer it with other scents.
3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – I’ve finally found my HG concealer! This is great for all over the face, it’s pigmented, and the consistency is perfect. I love this stuff and will always have this in my everyday “kit”. I’ve spoken about it here.
4. YSL Creme De Blush in 01 – This is what turned me onto the cream blush craze. This has the texture of a cream but melts on the skin and dries to a powder finish. This has been loved quite a bit and is super easy to apply for those 5 minute makeup looks!
5. Revlon CC Cream – A recent discovery but the best base I’ve tried all year! I haven’t been into the whole BB CC phase but I bought this on a whim and couldn’t be happier with the formula. I’ve raved about it here!
6. Jouer Bronzer in Suntan – This is the first bronzer I’ve used that contours and bronzes up the skin all at once. It’s very neutral yet gives the face some structure too! I use it every single day and it’s seriously a must have for me.
7. Maybelline Full & Soft WP Mascara – I’ve already repurchased this twice because I freakin love it! The brush is a good size and it separates each lash making a nice full fluttering effect. I wear this almost every single day and I haven’t found anything comparable for everyday.
8. Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm – The ultimate luxury when it comes to lip balms. This stuff smells like pure roses and keeps my lips super soft. I’ve reviewed it here.
9. M.A.C Uninterrupted and Sable Eye Shadows – I didn’t wear eyeshadow all too much this year but on the occasional night out one of these two shadows were always on my eyes. Sable is this warm reddish-purple with golden undertones and Uninterrupted is a matte ochre shade. You all know I like a good messy eye look so these are perfect for that.
10. Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse – My signature lip color, a gorgeous peachy nude. I can wear this on its own and apply without a mirror. I own 3 of them and I’ve reviewed it here.
11. Zoya 3 in 1 Nail Polish Remover – This NP remover comes in the best packaging ever! The pump makes it mess free and pouring cap fulls of acetone a thing of the past. I’ve gone through 4 bottles of this stuff because it literally removes everything off the nails. Can I get a HG?! Oh yea!
12. CND Stickey Base Coat – I’m half way through the bottle so it speaks for itself right? It makes my paint job last much longer and really adheres to the polish. I haven’t had any discoloring on my nails nor damage.
13. Chanel Le Vernis in Frenzy – This is perhaps my favorite nail polish of all time! Frenzy has been all over this blog and my nails plenty of times. It’s the perfect nude for my skin tone. It’s not beige nor grey and looks different in certain lighting. If I have no idea what color to paint my nails this is my go-to shade.
I hope you guys didn’t mind I changed it up a bit but the idea of going through 50 different products didn’t seem challenging enough. I really wanted to go through my stand out favorites and share them with you all. So stay tuned to see what 2014 holds and what new goodies I try out this year!