Just a few more days and Saturday will finally be here. I’ve mentioned this trip numerous times but for a busy mother of two, I don’t even get to go to the bathroom alone (now do you understand my excitement). I will be heading out with a friend I haven’t seen since high school and I can’t wait to share everything with you guys. We have the whole day planned out, we will be doing a little shopping here and there then my favorite part . . . FOOD! I live in a small town so everything around me is fast food or chain restaurants which can be a bit lame at times. I have a few essentials I’ll be taking with me to the city to keep me entertained or help me out when I’m in a rut.
- Bus Tickets, Metro Card, Cash and Schedule – How else will I get there?
- Aesop Hand Rinse – Lets face it, the trains can be a germ pool so this is a must!
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – It might rain that day so my hair will need a pick me up depending on how wet it gets (fingers crossed, please don’t rain).
- Mophie Juice Pack – If I’m going to keep you guys updated plus find my way around the city my phone is going to need a mid-day charge.
- Ray-Ban Folding Wayfarers – I love that these sunglasses barely take up space in my bag.
- Maddy – Yes I named my camera! She’s going to be working extra hard taking pictures and filming!
- iPad Mini – I have a 3hr commute so a movie to and from will keep me entertained, I’ll probably watch Frozen for the 100th time!
- MK watch – My must have accessory! I guess it’s a good thing it tells the time as well.
- Tom Ford Spanish Pink – Is it sad I already picked out my lip color but have no idea what I’m going to wear?
- Chanel Les Beiges Powder – Touch up’s on the go!
- Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil – One of my biggest fears in life is having one of my eyebrows done and forgetting to fill the other one in.
- YSL Touché Éclat – The city air can suck all the moisture out of your face so I’ve chucked this in my bag just incase I need some illuminating.
- Diptyque Tam Dao – My scent of choice in a purse-friendly size.
When I plan a trip “mommy mode” kicks in and I try to prepare for the worst case scenario. This time I won’t be filling my bag up with wipes, underwear, toys or fruit snacks!