Although I wish I were going somewhere tropical I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. My friend and I are planning a very fun trip for next year so i’ll keep you updated with that as we get near the date! When I pack my makeup to go on vacation, trips or sleepovers I try to pick products that are multi-tasking. It’s not the make-up I have a problem lugging around it’s the brushes I need to bring with me. I try not to bring too many because bristles can get damaged. I tend to reach for cream products and then i’ll set everything with a light dusting of powder. I always bring a nude and bold lip option (a gloss or two, the struggle is real). Here a few tips I try to abide by myself but I always end up bringing a ton of crap with me, I can’t help it!
- Make A Checklist – There is nothing more devastating than loosing or forgetting that blush you bought specifically for your trip (the agony)! I’ve been there so I advise making a little list handwritten or typed and jot down everything you’re taking. I know it sounds a little cray but you’ll thank me when you find your lipstick that rolled behind the dresser. Usually when you go on vacation you’re so involved in what it is you’re doing (faded, sh*t-faced, you get the point) we tend to forget about or stuff. Right before you leave check in all your products.
- Bring Palettes – It’s all in front of you and you don’t have to fuss around dealing with single shadows. Jouer have really nice interlocking products so you can customize what it is you want to toss in your bag and they’re so easy to travel with.
- Use Your Sleeves – People always ask about those “stupid” little sleeves that some higher end products come with, well they aren’t stupid! Put your palettes or powders in the sleeves they came in and you won’t run the risk of damaging them. I love those little things! Plus who wants a scratched up compact? #takecareofyomakeupgurls
- Decant Or Not To Decant – Should you take your foundation bottle or should you pump a few squirts in a pot? I personally think when the foundation is exposed to air the consistency changes and I end up wasting product. I try to bring foundations that are in plastic packaging but If push comes to shove, in the glass bottle it goes!
- Zip Lock Bag It Up – To avoid an unwanted mess group your products accordingly and place them in good ol’ zip lock baggies!
- Cream Products – They look super natural and some can be doubled up for lips/cheeks.
I’m one for lists, itineraries and plans so I really think about what I bring with me. This is also a great time for giving unused/neglected products a little TLC. I have an entire year until I head out for my vacation and I’m already thinking of what I can bring, don’t judge me!