In honor of NYFW I thought it would be fun to share with you what I would take with me if I were to attend. I was invited to fashion week but unfortunately the timing was bad, I had my daughter starting dance and other prior arrangements so I had to pass. I’m sure there will be another opportunity at a later date! So what is one to pack or even wear to these things? I’ve never been so I’m no expert but you can’t help but feel intimidated because all these amazing fashionistas will look the part. I thought long and hard about this and came up with one word, comfortable. What I mean by comfortable is with my style, I will stay true to myself and stick to it. Just because you’re going to some snazzy event doesn’t mean you need to be something you’re not! It’s all about being confident in your style and portraying that to others (even if you’re nervous as hell). These would be my main items to help me survive the week:
- Janessa Leone Vera Fedora Hat – I think hats are great for hiding bad hair days, I know some shows are super early in the AM so if you’re in a time crunch a hat is the way to go.
- Distressed Denim Jeans – You can really play them up with heels and a blazer or you can wear them with some flat shoes (birkenstocks, sneakers, etc). The more rips the better!
- Ray-Ban Aviators – You might not have time to even put makeup on or will suffer the case of puffy eyes, Big shades will be your best friends!
- Dress or a skirt – I’m not a big dress kinda gal so a high-waisted pencil skirt with a crop top or buttoned shirt would also be appropriate in my opinion.
- Comfy shoes – Heels aren’t comfortable for all day so I advise to bring a pair of flats with you or opt for some platform shoes if possible.
- Clutches – No one wants to lug around a huge ass bag so a clutch is key to carry just the necessities (coming later on this week so stay tuned).
I think if you play up your accessories and shoes you’ll be fine. Don’t forget your lint brushes, sewing kits and other emergency items you might need for a wardrobe malfunction. Be confident in who you are as a person and enjoy the show!