I can’t wait until Autumn rolls around to add a few extra layers of makeup or go for full-on looks but this year the tables have turned for me. I’ve embraced minimal style when it comes to fashion and I thought I’d do the same with my makeup routine. I love my grungy smokey eyes but it’s also fun experimenting and evolving my technique when it comes to makeup application. I picked out 5 products and it’s all I used! I know others might need more or feel that they do but my advice is to try it out. We all have imperfections so be confident and own them, perfect example are my bags pictured up above (I blame both of my children).
- Moisturizer – I will not wear makeup if I don’t have my base essential. It helps achieve a smooth foundation application while helping it adhere to the face. I’ve been obsessed with the *Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture which is extremely hydrating and gives my skin a sheen without the use of a highlighter. You can even add it to the tops of the cheek bone over foundation for extra hydration against the cold harsh air. In support of breast cancer awareness you can purchase this in a limited-edition set packed in a hot pink cosmetic bag for $49.50 vs $65 on its own.
- Foundation/Base – I like my skin to look like actual skin (cake-free) and I can achieve it easily with the Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. Its super light on the skin and I can build up the coverage in areas of the face I need to.
- Cheeks – I’ve skipped blush, bronzer and highlight but contouring gives structure to the face. The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium has the perfect amount of cool tones to mimic natural shadows on the face.
- Eyes – The only thing on my eyes is M.A.C’s eyeshadow in Patina. It cancels out the discoloration on my eyelids without being harsh in any way. It’s such a pretty golden taupe shade with purple undertones. I curled my eyelashes to open up the eyes but didn’t apply mascara. I had to tell myself “less is more” to help part with my mascara wand. If your lashes are light try using a clear coat of mascara to help define them.
- Lips – One thing I can never give up is a good bold lip especially during Autumn/Winter. I have so many but the one I always come back to is M.A.C Diva. It’s the perfect brick red with a matte finish and what makes this make-up look a bit more modern.
Are you brave enough to embrace the minimal runway-esk look for the day?