I always get asked how I edit my photos and it really comes down to the apps I use. I never upload a raw image because honestly who wants to look at a dark photo? I like to shoot using natural sunlight but unfortunately the weather isn’t always cooperative. If you wanted a few pointers I have written up posts on photography tips here, here, and here. You don’t need to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a photo editing program when you can easy download an app for free or less than $5 bucks. Below I have the apps I use on a daily basis and can’t be without . . .
- Afterlight – You are able to play with brightness, saturation and contrast all in one place including cropping as well. It also has filters you can apply to your photos and endless options to really make your picture stand out. This is a must-have for me to get a particular look to my photos and worth the $1.
- VSCO cam – This is a really popular app and I can see why, this has some awesome filters that give your picture that “erie grunge” look. The best filter they do is T1(just saying)! It’s my absolute favorite and I use it every now and again.
- PicTapGo – Another filter app and what’s nice about this one is it can save your “photo recipe”. It’s almost like creating your own personal filter for your photos. Auto Contrast is what I use to get the darker colors to pop against light backgrounds.
- Squaready – I use this more so for IG to be able to fit the entire photo in the screen without having to crop it.
- Photo Grid – I’m not much of a photo collage-r but if I need it this is the best one I found so far. It has a ton of layouts and templates to use, love it !