Although I own a hefty amount of shadows I can’t be bothered with using a base, crease and highlight everyday. I just don’t have the luxury of sitting down to do a full eye look so I opt for something that’s one and done! I can cancel out any discoloration on my lids and it takes seconds to do. So I thought I’d share a few of my favorites that get the job done and will suit just about any skin tone.
- Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Pale Barley – This is perhaps my favorite eye shadow of all time, I always come back to it in the end! It’s a gorgeous sandy golden shade that looks natural but still defines the eye.
- Jouer Eye Shadow in Chocolat – This is the sister shade to pale barley but just a tad darker. It’s leans more towards taupe and its very pigmented.
- Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Iraklion – I’d say this is the most natural looking out of the bunch. It’s a rose gold shade that has purple undertones. It’s a very unique color and to me a hidden gem.
- L’oreal Infallible Shadow in Bronzed Taupe – A true pure pigmented taupe with cool undertones. To be drugstore it’s incredibly long-lasting and a good quality shadow. They’re very similar to the GA Eyes To Kill if not better and a fraction of the price. I love to wear this when I want a bit of sparkle peaking through my lashes.
- M.A.C Eye Shadow in Sable – If you have boring brown eyes like moi then you have to try this out, my boyfriend thought I was wearing colored contacts once and it was all down to this bad boy! It instantly makes brown eyes pop because of the purple undertones.
- Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Eye Stick in Three Shakes – This is perfect for day or it can easily be layered for a smokey eye if you’re in a pinch for time. It’s on the warmer side with a rusty golden undertone. Awesome formula and I love the cooling effect it has when you apply it straight to the eyelid.
- Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in Twilight – A rich creamy pewter golden shade that sets almost immediately so I advise to apply it one eyelid at a time.