As you all know I’m heading out to NYC for a full day of eating, exploring, and pampering. I wanted to really pack light this time around and not have to worry about lugging loads with me. I wanted a clutch with a chain so I wouldn’t have to carry it, I came across this structured box clutch from Zara and it was love at first sight. Not only is it affordable but its pretty roomy considering its small size. My thought process behind preparing my clutch was absolutely packing what I need and sticking to the essentials. Here’s what’s inside . . .
- Hand Sanitizer – This is just something I carry with me at all times. I work in the medical field so I’m a huge germaphobe, my hands must be clean at all times! The Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash is my absolute favorite, it’s pricier but it smells amazing and doesn’t dry up the hands.
- Lip Balm – It’s a must-have especially if I’m going to be eating and re-applying lipstick throughout the day. The Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream is a great primer and will keep my lips moisturized throughout the day.
- Mini Perfume or Rollerball – This is when samples or miniature perfume bottles come in handy, they don’t take up much space. I’m bringing Jo Malone Grapefruit Cologne with me for a mid-day spritz.
- Lipstick / Lip Liner – You can skip liner if you don’t use it but I’ve been loving a combo of M.A.C Stripdown and M.A.C Styled In Sepia. I have already planned what makeup look I’m going for (sad I know) and pretty sure these two will be my lip color of choice.
- Sunglasses – I think accessories totally change the look of your outfit but my eyes are super sensitive so I have to wear them. I opted for my folding Ray-Ban Wayferers.
- Small Wallet – If I don’t have everything in one place I’ll loose it! I have this small VC wallet from Vianel which was kindly sent to me (perfect timing). Its made of natural smooth grain leather, has a contrast edge detail, two-tone zipper, gold foil stamped logo, and lined in leather. You also have the option to monogram their items as well which gives it a nice personal touch!
- Cash – Not all shops and cabs take credit cards so it’s always good to have some cash with you. I’m also notorious for leaving my cards at registers then realize it when I go to pay for something else and it’s missing!
- Camera Battery – An extra battery will always come in handy just in case you need more juice to keep snapping away.
- SD Card – Donnie and I will both be bringing our own SD cards and sharing plenty of photos so the more space the better.
I might toss in some Aleve for headaches, breath mints or a battery pack for my iPhone but I can easily put them in my coat pockets to keep from cluttering my bag. I can’t wait to go and share our little day out, this mama is definitely in need of some girl time!